16:00 - 18:30 Registration
18:30 - 19:00 Welcome address
K. Gemzell Danielsson (Sweden), ESC President
D. Seidman & A. Ber (Israel), Seminar Organisers
19:00 - 19:30 A tribute to Carl Djerassi (October 29, 1923 - January 30, 2015)
D. Serfaty (France)
19:30 Get together
08:30 - 09:30 Registration
09:30 - 10:00 Free Communication Session I
Chairs: E. Arisi (Italy) - A. Yeshaya (Israel) - A. Brzezinski (Israel)
10:00 - 11:00 Scientific Session I: What are the cultural barriers for contraception in Europe today?
Chairs: G. Bartfai (Hungary) - E. Lunenfeld (Israel) - J. Bornstein (Israel)
- Intrauterine contraception (IUC) for adolescents: a Northern European trend only?
K. Gemzell Danielsson (Sweden)
- Poor acceptability of oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) from Japan to Russia: Who is to blame?
D. Seidman (Israel)
- Who is afraid of permanent contraception of women and men?
S. Skouby (Denmark)
11:00 - 11:30 Opening Ceremony
- Israeli Minister of Health
- K. Gemzell Danielsson (Sweden), ESC President
- E. Lunenfeld, President of Israeli OB/Gyn Association
- D. Seidman, President of Israeli Society of Contraception
11:30 - 12:00 Coffee Break & Visit the Exhibition
12:00 - 13:30 Scientific Session II: How can we use better understanding of religious beliefs to promote contraceptive use?
Chairs: B. Pinter (Slovenia) - F. Azem (Israel) - A. Shushan (Israel)
Religious concerns regarding the use of contraception
- Christian - M. Hakim (Israel)
- Moslem - A. Kubba (UK)
- Jewish - H. Katan (Israel)
13:30 - 14:30 Lunch Break
14:30 - 16:30 Scientific Session III: Contraceptive choices for special medical conditions
Chairs: P. Patroclou (Cyprus) - A. Ber (Israel) - D. Samuel (Israel)
- Obesity - L. Shulman (USA)
- Diabetes - A. Ber (Israel)
- Migraine - G. Merki (Switzerland)
- SLE, thrombophilia - A. Gompel (France)
- Congenital heart disease - N. Porat (Israel)
- Post organ transplantation - A. Yeshaya (Israel)
16:30 - 17:00 Coffee Break & Visit the Exhibition
17:00 - 19:00 IUS hands on training workshop with the newest simulator
20:00 Seminar Dinner (payable option)
Friday, September 4, 2015
08:00 - 08:30 Registration
08:30 - 09:00 Debate: OTC: the way to go in contraception?
Chairs: M. Merckx (Belgium) - M. Hallak (Israel) - J. Lessing (Israel)
- Pro - A. Kubba (UK)
- Con - J. Bitzer (Switzerland)
09:00 - 09:30 Free Communication Session II
Chairs: S. Ozalp (Turkey) - N. Porat (Israel) - R. Orvieto (Israel)
- Barriers in access to modern contraceptive in Central and Eastern Europe
K. Kacpura (Poland)
- Determinants of the reliable contraceptive use: a nationwide cross-sectional survey in Hungary
M. Vanya (Hungary)
- The effect of hormonal contraceptive with anti-androgenic progestin on female sexual function
L. Čiaplinskienė (Lithuania)
09:30 - 10:30 Scientific Session IV: Do social and economic factors still play a role in gaining access to contraception?
Chairs: I. Sivin (USA) - D. Seidman (Israel) - D. Mansour-Schwake (Israel)
- Cost-effectiveness of school-based sexuality education.
K. Haldre (Estonia)
- Does the price of contraception still serve as a barrier to its widespread use?
R. Lertxundi (Spain)
- Dr. Google and the pill: Fear of side-effects when choosing contraceptives?
L. Shulman (USA)
10:30 - 11:00 Brunch Break
11:00 - 12:00 Workshop: Prevention of STDs, HPV vaccination, HIV prophylaxis, HSV, Chlamydia
Chairs: B. Zilaitiene (Lithuania) - M. Zloczover (Israel) - I. Fainstien (Israel)
- G. Donders (Belgium)
- B. Frey Tirri (Switzerland)
- P. Greenhouse (UK)
12:00 - 13:00 Workshop: Contraception and the cycle of life
Chairs: V. Prilepskaya (Russia) - L. Erofeeva (Russia) - I. Wolman (Israel)
- Is it appropriate to use OCPs in adolescents for non-contraceptive indications?
D. Apter (Finland)
- LARCs, Condoms or OCPs for the nulliparous?
R. Beerthuizen (the Netherlands)
- OCPs until the menopause: when should we STOP?
M. Lech (Poland)
13:00 Closing Session