The theme of this seminar was “Contraception as prevention and therapy”.
The programme consisted of a main lecture followed by 4 round tables related to the effects of contraception on ovary, endometrium, brain and STD.
Contraception as a therapy: short- and long-term effects – V.Bruni
Round table 1 Contraception and ovary
- Hormonal contraception and ovarian pathology – P.Crosignani
- Hormonal contraception and androgenic status – G.Tolis
- Hormonal contraception and gametogenesis protection
- Hormonal contraception and bone mineral density – A.Volpe
- Consequences of lowering estrogen formulations – S.Skouby
Round table 2 Contraception and endometrium
- Rational approach to dysfunctional uterine bleeding and dysmenorrhea -C.Coll
- Endometrial hyperplasia and cancer – M.Colafranceschi
- Levonorgestrel IUD as therapy – D.Serfaty
- IUD and antigestagens as emergency contraception – A.Webb
Round table 3 Contraception and brain
- Brain, hormones and sexuality – R. van Lunsen
- Sex steroids and the brain – A.Genazzani
- Sex steroids and libido – M.Dei
Round table 4 Contraception and STD
- Adolescence and STD in Europe – J.Rademakers
- Contraception and STD – G.Creatsas
- Hormonal contraception and PID – J.Henry-Suchet
- IUD and PID – R.Beerthuizen
No abstracts of this seminar available.