09 Aug TTT course: Update & Russian version
3 developments related to the ESC Teaching-tool
- We will once again offer the option to people teaching in the field of contraception and opinion leaders to visit an ESC-TTT course in Belgrade in November. You can find more course details here. Registration deadline: 15 September 2018
- Ten of the 17 topics/sessions of the TTT have been updated this year. These updates are already available in two versions: As a powerpoint version to work online with the notes hidden in a speech bubble on each slide and as a PDF version for those who prefer to work with the printouts and like to have the explanations and additional information visible directly below the corresponding slide.
- Most of the sessions are meanwhile also available in Russian.
The TTT requires regular updates to be a reliable source of information for our members and those who want to use the slides for courses, articles or just to teach their resident in between or counsel a patient with more detailed questions. During the first half of 2018 the TTT authors worked on the updates of the sessions for:
- Combined hormonal contraception
- Intrauterine devices
- Male and female sterilisation
- Medical condition: obesity and VTE family history
- Medical condition: HIV and drug interactions
We included new information around:
- CHC and breast cancer
- Continuous use of the contraceptive patch
- Effects of CHC on mood; CHC and depression
- Timing of IUD insertion after medical abortion
- IUD/IUS use and PID risk, with and without screening prior to insertion
- Recommended operative procedures and adverse events associated with permanent contraception
- Cervical cancer risk associated with HPV and chlamydia trachomatis infection in IUD/IUS users
- New knowledge about drug interactions associated with the use of hormonal contraception
- IUD/IUS use in adolescents
We are in a permanent process of improving this tool and want to encourage to give us feedback about your experience when using this information. All this steps were only possible with the great support of the TTT –team, the Central office and a huge engagement of two of our Russian speaking board members and previous course.