30 Nov World Contraception Day 2018
This annual event on 26th September once again produced many and varied events around the world. Thank you to all those who told us what was happening where you are. We joined with our partner organisations using social media to publicise these and to continue to raise awareness of the important issues. https://www.your-life.com/wcd
- ESC contributed actively in WCD Twitter Chat
- The Estonian Sexual Health Association members were interviewed by the journalists of the Estonian National Broadcasting Company which has the biggest audience of listeners in Estonia. Just one day after the Pope’s visit to Estonia they were interested in the effect of religion on women’s and men’s sexual health and rights. The success of the Estonian rights based and evidence based approach in sexual health education and services was emphasized by the interviewees.
- WCD contribution in an Estonian Newsportal.
- WCD contribution in a Contraceptive Forum in Czech Republic
- The SEC (Spanish Society of Contraception) presented the Spanish survey on contraception 2018, awarded the best student of the Spanish contraception Master and highlighted the dedication during his career to contraception and sexual health of Dr Jose Luis Doval former president of the SEC and published a manifesto.
- There were manifestations in Niš (Serbia), as always, on the 26th of September. Dr Dušan Simić was the main person for organisation
- In Russia, as usual, various symposiums, conferences were dedicated to this event. This year it coincided with the opening of the Forum “Mother and Child” in Moscow, which was attended by over 4,000 participants from our country and from abroad. All three days of the forum were held under the slogan of the World Contraception Day. Prof.V.Prilepskaya.
- ESC WCD banner was added to the DSOG (Danish Society for Obstretrics and Gynaecology) website.